Microsoft office 2016 is a standard desktop suite and totally different from all other versions of Microsoft office. Even, it’s also different from the latest version of Microsoft Office 2016 for Windows 10.
It seems that Microsoft office 2016 is definitely designed to aim at advanced Windows users, developers, or skilled IT professionals.
Office 2016 supports Windows PCs or Windows tablets running Windows 7 or higher version of Windows. It means using any of these Windows operating systems (Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10). Then you can able to use Microsoft Office 2016.
What to Do Before Installing Microsoft Office 2016?
Since Office 2016 cannot be installed on a PC side by side with other Microsoft office (Office 2010, or 2013). You need to uninstall the previous version of Office before installing the MS Office 2016 Preview.
If you are using a previous version of Microsoft office, then follow the below uninstallation method. To uninstall the previous version of office from your PC:
- At first, open Control Panel
- Next click on Programs → Programs and Features
- On the programs and features list, find the Microsoft office software you want to remove
- Right-click on it and then select Uninstall option
- After that follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall the Microsoft office
- Once the MS office is uninstalled, Restart your PC
One more important thing you need to care about is free space on the hard drive. To install MS Office 2016, you must have at least 5 GB of free space on the hard drive where the Windows operating system is installed.
In any case, you don’t have enough free space on your main hard drive. Then please remove unwanted programs and unnecessary files to free up some suitable disk space.
Installing process on Windows
Microsoft Office 2016 installation process is almost similar to other MS office software. Follow the below instructions very carefully to install Office 2016 Preview on Windows 10 PC:
Step (1): Firstly, visit the Microsoft Office 2016 Preview’s official page and download it. Then click-to-run installer for your 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows.
- Suppose you are using the 32-bit version of Windows. Then click on the “Get Office 2016 Preview (32 bit)” download link.
- But you are using the 64-bit version of Windows. Then click on the “Get Office 2016 Preview (64 bit)” download link.
Step (3): Once You complete the download. Microsoft Office 2016 will automatically install in the background.
Step (4): When Office 2016 will install successfully on your Windows 10 PC. You’ll see the notification message like “Installation is finished”. That’s it.
Step (5): Once you finish the process, launch any application of the latest Microsoft office 2016. After the launch, it will ask you to enter the product key to activate Office 2016 Preview.
Step (6): You have to enter the type product key to activate Office 2016 on your Windows.
Step (7): Once MS office 2016 is activated on your Windows PC. Then you can enjoy its exclusive features and applications.
MS Office 2016, with its advanced features, makes working on your computer easy and hassle-free. It gives you access to many popular desktop applications.
Such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote. You can also share, present and work on projects more conveniently with your colleagues.
Top 7 Benefits of MS Office 2016
- Get more done, from home or school. Microsoft Office 2016 is designed to help you create and organize faster with time-saving features. A new modern look, and built-in collaboration tools. Plus, you can save your documents in the cloud on OneDrive and access them from anywhere.
- Word. Create and share professional-looking documents with state-of-the-art editing, reviewing, and sharing tools. The new Design tab provides quick access to features. And Smart Lookups shows relevant contextual information from the web directly inside Word.
- Excel. Microsoft Office 2016 excel Analyze and visualize your data in new and intuitive ways with a fresh user. Leverage features like Analysis Toolpak, Slicers, and Formula Builder to save time so that you can focus on insights.
- PowerPoint. Create, collaborate, and effectively present your ideas with new slide transitions and an improved Animations task pane. Threaded comments alongside your slides help you incorporate feedback into your presentations.
- OneNote. It’s your very own digital notebook. So, you can keep notes, ideas, web pages, photos, even audio and video all in one place whether you’re at home, in the office, or on the move. You can take it all with you wherever you go while sharing and collaborating with others.
- Your stuff anytime, anywhere. Sign in to MS Office 2016 and use OneDrive to easily access your recent documents.